Monday, March 30, 2009

Discouraged

I don't think I am EVER going to get a damn job. I go and fill out application after application and NOTHING. I went on a great interview last week and the woman I interviewed with told me that she wanted to offer me the job, she just had to check my references. Ok. No problem. I didn't hear anything from her all last week so I emailed her on Friday and she replied,"Still screening applicants." WTF?? I'm beginning to wonder if my references are saying,"Hire her? Are you crazy? That girl is wack!!" I mean really. Why can't I get a job. So I went to this place called Stenocall, which is where they take inbound calls for Dr.'s offices after hours and all different kinds of places and I had a friend tell me they hire everyone that walks through the door. Yeah. Okay. I did the tests, passed them, and talked to the lady. NOTHING!! She even asked me," Why haven't you looked in the field that you are trained in?" I told her I had and she just looked at me like I was dumb. I wanted to tell her," You think I think I would apply here if I hadn't already exhausted all other options??" Then on top of that, this guy with greasy, long hair, pants sagging down to his knees, dirty shirt, etc came in, took the same test I did, talked to the same lady I did, and left with a f***ing job!! What has this world come to?? Maybe if I don't bathe for four or five days, get some really crappy clothes that are dirty, and forget to wear deodorant, then maybe she'd hire me. Who the fuck knows. It is just so discouraging to see stuff like that and know that I'm just as able and qualified as he was and they didn't hire me. And it isn't just there. I have applied at all kinds of places from fast-food to pawn shops, retail places, music stores, everywhere and NOTHING!!! It is unreal. Then, when I think I may have a chance, forget it. I don't think I smell as I shower daily and wear deodorant, my clothes are clean, I brush my teeth so it can't be my breath, and I always check to make sure that I don't have a panty line. Also, I don't pick my nose or my ass for that matter, I don't spit when I talk, I don't have stuff in my teeth or hangin' out my nose, and I keep my gas to myself. (most of the time...hehehe) I've gone over and over these things and I just can't figure out what it is that is repelling people from me. Well, that's enough bitching and moaning for now. Take care!! And be grateful for your jobs, no matter how crappy!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment