Tuesday, April 14, 2009

There Is NO Understanding

I do not get it. What is it that everytime I turn on the news another MOTHER has killed her child. HER CHILD!! I absolutely cannot wrap my brain around WHY!! To be able to crawl around in these women's brains. Oh, just to even have a reason, because I do not see what could drive a mother to take her child's life. Now, my mother has said to me many a time, "I brought you into this world and I can take you right out of it." Usually after one of my ill timed stunts or comments, but these days that old saying has a whole new meaning!! I look at the pictures of these beautiful, innocent children that had their whole lives ahead of them and then I look at the mothers accused of their brutal, heinous deaths and I just can't process it. To look at the pictures and see their eyes, it is as if their soul is absent. Their eyes are empty and cold, regardless of what words are coming out of their mouths. I would give my own life for one more fucking moment with my child who I have been searching for for almost three years. I would absolutely do anything and everything within my power to make sure that my daughter was happy, healthy, and thriving. What gives ANYONE the right to take the life of a child?? What in God's name could a CHILD do to incur the wrath of these women? I guess none of us will ever be able to make sense of this. My thoughts and prayers are certainly with these childrens' families and friends that have lost one of the most precious and wonderful gifts that can be given.....a child's life. 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment